Frequently Asked Questions
RamSoft PowerServer 5.1, Complete Ambulatory EHR, is 2011/2012 compliant and was certified by an ONC-ATCB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments. PowerServer 5.1, available in RIS/PACS and TelePlus models were certified on October 7, 2011.
The following is for general informational purposes only, and is not a legal document or guidance.
What is Meaningful Use?
Meaningful Use refers to incentive programs that provide financial benefits for Eligible Professionals (EPs) that achieve specified healthcare IT objectives.
ELIGIBLE PROFESSIONALS (EPs):
- Radiologists who read > 10% out-patient studies (not Emergency Room or in-patient)
- Radiologists who work on-site as well as remotely (teleradiology)
- Radiologists who read for Medicare and/or Medicaid patients
- Radiologists who read hospital and non-hospital studies may exclude hospital studies
- Radiologists must read 50% of their studies using certified EHR technology and only required to meet objectives for those studies
What is the Purpose of Meaningful Use?
The purpose of Meaningful Use is to improve patient care by providing practitioners with access to accurate and complete information about their patients. For the patient, this means improved care and greater ability to make informed decisions about their health care. RamSoft has specifically designed software so radiologists can qualify for Meaningful Use with most objectives satisfied automatically.
The following table outlines the potential incentive payments. Medicare/Medicaid billing of about $20,000 per year is required for maximum reimbursement.